St. Louis Teen Talent Competition
REGISTER FOR THE
2021 ST. LOUIS TEEN TALENT COMPETITION
Registration for the 2021 St. Louis Teen Talent Competition is open October 1 – December 31, 2020.
The Competition is open to students enrolled in grades 9, 10, 11 or 12 during the 2020-2021 academic year. High School students must attend or live in the St. Louis Metropolitan area (a 50-mile radius of the Gateway Arch in all directions).
SCROLL DOWN for a complete competition schedule and guidelines.
We hope to see you at the 2021 St. Louis Teen Talent Competition!
Click the RED button below to register.
Getting Your Act Together
Do you need help preparing for the competition? We are here for you! The Foundation has created a series of videos full of helpful tips and the information you need to give your best performance. Check them out on the Foundation’s YouTube Channel by clicking the link below.
Guidelines for the Competition
In the spirit of fostering the emerging talent in the St. Louis performing arts community, the Fox Performing Arts Charitable Foundation is proud to underwrite and produce an adjudicated competition showcasing the talented teens of the St. Louis region. Students are competing for college scholarships, cash awards, prizes, and public appearance opportunities. Students may compete in a talent category of their choice. Examples of talent categories include, but are not limited to:
- Specialty Act, etc.
There are no fees to participate.
Registration for the 11th year of the St. Louis Teen Talent Competition opens October 1, 2020, and closes December 31, 2020. The Preliminary Round will be conducted exclusively by video submission. Once registered, you will be given instructions on how to submit your videos.
- Open to High School students in the St. Louis Metropolitan area.* Students must be enrolled in grades 9, 10, 11, or 12 during the 2020-2021 academic year to participate.
- Students may only enter ONCE, either as a solo act or as part of a group.
- Entries may consist of one (1) to six (6) students working together as a group in a cohesive presentation. Students in one group need not attend the same school.
- Students may compete in a talent category of their choice. Examples of talent categories include, but are not limited to Singer, Actor, Musician, Dancer, Band, Comedian, Magician, Circus Arts, Specialty Act, etc.
- Each act must perform a minimum of two (2) minutes and must not exceed four (4) minutes.
- Acts may change their material between the Preliminary Round and Semi-final Round of the Competition based on the judges’ feedback.
- Acts cannot change the type of act after the Preliminary Round – acceptable adjustments based on judges’ feedback are, better audio, different costume, and tweak choreography.
- Acts must perform the same material at the Semi-final Round and Finals.
- Acts may not add or substitute a new student for another after the Preliminary Round of competition. All contestants must be completely registered prior to performing in the Preliminary round.
- Acts should select material that is “family-friendly” and age-appropriate. Content should not contain foul language or violent subject matter. Acts which violate this rule can be disqualified.
- Students must participate in 3 progressive rounds of competition Preliminary, Semi-final, and Final Competitions as well as a mandatory Finalist meeting and rehearsal dates for the onstage Finals. Both students and parents will be asked to sign an agreement confirming their acceptance of the schedule once it is set.
- Audio and digital enhancements are not allowed in Preliminary Round video submissions.
- Act may only use one instrumental accompanist for their act. (See “Technical Information” for more information.)
* Metropolitan Area is limited to 50 miles from the Gateway Arch in all directions. To qualify for entry, a student’s High School (or home address if homeschooled) must fall within a 50-mile radius of the Arch.
Schedule & Dates
11th ANNUAL SLTTC SCHEDULE*
Mark your Calendars
October 1, 2020- Registration Opens for the 11th Annual SLTTC!
December 31, 2020 – Registration Closes
January 15, 2021 – Preliminary Round Video Submissions Are DUE
January 30 & 31, 2021 – Preliminary Round Feedback from the Judges via ZOOM
February 27 & 28, 2021 – Semi-final Round
March 1, 2021, Finalist Production Meeting – required of all finalists
March 2-13, 2021 One-on-One Rehearsal with Production Team
NOTE: You are ONLY responsible for attending one 90-minute rehearsal scheduled during this week
March 24-28, 2021 Production Rehearsals (tentative) – required of all finalists
March 29 – April 3, 2021 Tech & Dress Rehearsals at the Fabulous Fox – required of all finalists
April 3, 2021 – Finals at the Fabulous Fox Theatre!
*As we navigate through these uncertain times competition dates and locations are subject to change. We will remain flexible and give advance notice when schedules, rehearsal locations, and competition information is updated.
The Producers will provide the following equipment and personnel for rounds of the competition that are produced on stage:
- PA System
- Microphones (up to 6)
- Mic Stands (up to 6)
- Stage monitor
- Chairs (up to 6)
- CD/Flashdrive Playback equipment (cell phones may not be used to play music)
- Sound Operator
- Piano Accompanist*
- Basic Stage Lighting
Any additional equipment must be provided by the students and at their own expense. Please contact the Foundation in advance to discuss technical needs at TeenTalentCompetition@foxpacf.org
*Acts must notify us in advance on their registration paperwork that they intend to use the piano accompanist that the Foundation provides. Acts using the accompanist will be asked to provide their sheet music in the correct key upon registering and in advance of the Preliminary Round.
College Scholarships & Cash Awards
2021 College Scholarships and Cash Awards:
1st Place $8,000 Scholarship
2nd Place $6,000 Scholarship
3rd Place $4,000 Scholarship
Scholarship opportunities will be posted as they are confirmed
Prizes & Performance Opportunities
2021 Prizes & Performance Opportunities
Prizes and public appearance opportunities will be updated as they are confirmed.
Thank you to all of the generous supporters of the
2020 St. Louis Teen Talent Competition
Ameren Corporation Charitable Trust
FoxPACF Board of Directors
David & Julie Capes
Ron & Cheri Fromm
Ken & Nancy Kranzberg
Terry & Sally Schnuck
Fred & Odile Tompkins
Tom & Carol Voss
2021 ST. LOUIS TEEN TALENT COMPETITION JUDGES!
Students will be reviewed by a panel of qualified judges at each round of the competition. Judges will select the best talent regardless of category (i.e. singer, actor, musician, dancer, band, comedian, magician, specialty act, etc.) The judging criteria at each level of competition will be: Students will be reviewed by a panel of qualified judges at each round of the competition. Judges will select the best talent regardless of category (i.e. singer, actor, musician, dancer, band, comedian, magician, specialty act, etc.) The judging criteria at each level of competition will be:
- Technical Ability
- Stage Presence: personality and confidence
A full list of judges will be provided once they are confirmed.
Archive of Previous Competitions
Follow each link below to learn about the past 10 Years of St. Louis Teen Talent Competitions
SLTTC ALUMNI, we want to hear from YOU!
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
Be one of the first to learn about all upcoming FoxPACF events, Broadway Master Classes, special projects and performances, and scholarship opportunities by joining our mailing list.