St. Louis Teen Talent Competition
In the spirit of fostering the emerging talent in the St. Louis performing arts community, the Fox Performing Arts Charitable Foundation is proud to underwrite and produce an adjudicated competition showcasing the talented teens of the St. Louis region. Students are competing for college scholarships, cash awards, prizes, and public appearance opportunities. Students may compete in a talent category of their choice. Examples of talent categories include, but are not limited to:
- Specialty Act, etc.
There are no fees to participate.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR THE
10TH ANNUAL TEEN TALENT COMPETITION
REGISTER HERE TODAY!
Register for the
What Is It All About? Seminar: HERE
Who Is Competing in 2020?
Guidelines for the Competition
- Open to High School students in the St. Louis Metropolitan area.* Students must be enrolled in grades 9, 10, 11 or 12 during the 2019-2020 academic year to participate.
- Students may only enter ONCE – either as a solo act or as part of a group.
- Entries may consist of one (1) to six (6) students working together as a group in a cohesive presentation. Students in one group need not attend the same school.
- Students may compete in a talent category of their choice. Examples of talent categories include, but are not limited to Singer, Actor, Musician, Dancer, Band, Comedian, Magician, Circus Arts, Specialty Act, etc.
- Each act must perform a minimum of two (2) minutes and must not exceed four (4) minutes.
- Acts must perform the same material at each round of competition.
- Acts may not add or substitute a new student for another after the Preliminary Round of competition. All contestants must be completely registered prior to performing in the Preliminary round.
- Acts should select material that is “family friendly” and age-appropriate. Content should not contain foul language or violent subject matter. Acts which violate this rule can be disqualified.
- Students must be available on the posted dates for Preliminary, Semi-final and Final Competitions as well as for the mandatory meeting and rehearsal dates for the Finals. Both students and parents will be asked to sign an agreement confirming their acceptance.
- If a registered Act does NOT attend and perform at the Preliminary or Semi-Final Round of the competition, they will automatically be withdrawn from not only this year’s competition, but will also forfeit the right to register for next year’s competition.
* Metropolitan Area is limited to 50 miles from the Gateway Arch in all directions. To qualify for entry, a student’s High School (or home address if homeschooled) must fall within a 50-mile radius of the Arch.
Schedule & Dates
10th ANNUAL SLTTC FULL SCHEDULE
Mark your Calendars
Registration opens Sept. 1, 2019 for the 10th Annual SLTTC!
October 6, 2019 What Is It All About? Seminar
December 1, 2019 Registration Closes
February 8 & 9, 2020 Preliminary Round
March 8, 2020 Semi-final Round
March 9, 2020 Finalist Production Meeting (required of all finalists)
March 11-22, 2020 One-on-One Rehearsal with Production Team (One 90-minute rehearsal will be scheduled during this week. Dancers must be available March 11th & 12th)
March 23-27, 2020 Production Studio Rehearsals (required of all finalists)
March 31-April 4, 2020 Tech & Dress Rehearsals at the Fabulous Fox (required of all finalists)
Finals on April 4, 2020 8:00 p.m. at the Fabulous Fox Theatre!
- PA System
- Microphones (up to 6)
- Mic Stands (up to 6)
- Stage monitor
- Chairs (up to 6)
- CD/Flashdrive Playback equipment (cell phones may not be used to play music)
- Sound Operator
- Piano Accompanist*
- Basic Stage Lighting
Any additional equipment must be provided by the students and at their own expense. Please contact the Foundation in advance to discuss technical needs at TeenTalentCompetition@foxpacf.org
*Acts must notify us in advance on their registration paperwork that they intend to use the piano accompanist that the FPACF provides. Acts using the accompanist will be asked to provide their sheet music in the correct key upon registering and in advance of the Preliminary Round.
College Scholarships & Cash Awards
2020 College Scholarships and Cash Awards:
1st Place $8,000 Scholarship
2nd Place $6,000 Scholarship
3rd Place $4,000 Scholarship
More Scholarship information coming soon…
Prizes & Performance Opportunities
2020 Prizes & Performance Opportunities
More information coming soon…
Public Performance Opportunities:
Performances opportunities will be added as they are confirmed.
Thank you to all of the generous supporters of the 2019 St. Louis Teen Talent Competition
2020 ST. LOUIS TEEN TALENT COMPETITION JUDGES!
Students will be reviewed by a panel of qualified judges at each round of competition. Judges will select the best talent regardless of category (i.e. singer, actor, musician, dancer, band, comedian, magician, specialty act, etc.) The judging criteria at each level of competition will be: Students will be reviewed by a panel of qualified judges at each round of competition. Judges will select the best talent regardless of category (i.e. singer, actor, musician, dancer, band, comedian, magician, specialty act, etc.) The judging criteria at each level of competition will be:
- Technical Ability
- Stage Presence: personality and confidence
Continue to check our website to find out who the 2020 Judges will be!
Archive of Previous Competitions
Follow each link below to learn about the past 9 Years of St. Louis Teen Talent Competitions
SLTTC ALUMNI, we want to hear from YOU!
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
Be one of the first to learn about all upcoming FoxPACF events, Broadway Master Classes, special projects and performances, and scholarship opportunities by joining our mailing list.