St. Louis Teen Talent Competition
We are thrilled to announce
the St. Louis Teen Talent Competition Finals will be
back on the Fabulous Fox Theatre stage in front of
a live audience on February 11, 2022!
The Competition is open to students enrolled in grades 9, 10, 11 or 12 during the 2021-2022 academic year. High School students must attend or live in
the St. Louis Metropolitan area (a 50-mile radius of the Gateway Arch in all directions).
SCROLL DOWN for a complete competition schedule and guidelines.
the 12th Annual
St. Louis Teen Talent Competition
Click the GOLD button below to register.
Guidelines for the Competition
In the spirit of fostering the emerging talent in the St. Louis performing arts community, the Fox Performing Arts Charitable Foundation is proud to underwrite and produce an adjudicated competition showcasing the talented teens of the St. Louis region. Students are competing for college scholarships, cash awards, prizes, and public appearance opportunities. Students may compete in a talent category of their choice. Examples of talent categories include, but are not limited to:
- Specialty Act, etc.
There are no fees to participate.
- Open to High School students in the St. Louis Metropolitan area.* Students must be enrolled in grades 9, 10, 11, or 12 during the 2021 -2022 academic year to participate.
- Students may only enter ONCE, either as a solo act or as part of a group.
- Entries may consist of one (1) to six (6) students working together as a group in a cohesive presentation. Students in one group need not attend the same school.
- Students may compete in a talent category of their choice. Examples of talent categories include, but are not limited to Singer, Actor, Musician, Dancer, Band, Comedian, Magician, Circus Arts, Specialty Act, etc.
- Each act must perform a minimum of two minutes and must not exceed three minutes and thirty seconds.
- Acts may change their material between the Preliminary Round and Semi-final Round of the Competition based on the judges’ feedback.
- Acts cannot change the type of act after the Preliminary Round – acceptable adjustments based on judges’ feedback are, better audio, different costume, and tweak choreography.
- Acts must perform the same material at the Semi-final Round and Finals.
- Acts may not add or substitute a new student for another after the Preliminary Round of competition. All contestants must be completely registered prior to performing in the Preliminary round.
- Acts should select material that is “family-friendly” and age-appropriate. Content should not contain foul language or violent subject matter. Acts that violate this rule can be disqualified.
- Students must participate in 3 progressive rounds of competition Preliminary, Semi-final, and Final Competitions as well as a mandatory Finalist meeting and rehearsal dates for the onstage Finals. Both students and parents will be asked to sign an agreement confirming their acceptance of the schedule once it is set.
- Act may only use one instrumental accompanist for their act. (See “Technical Information” for more information.)
* Metropolitan Area is limited to 50 miles from the Gateway Arch in all directions. To qualify for entry, a student’s High School (or home address if homeschooled) must fall within a 50-mile radius of the Arch.
Schedule & Dates
UPCOMING COMPETITION DATES*
- November 1, 2021 – Registration closes (All registration materials are due)
- December 4 & 5, 2021 – FREE St. Louis Teen Talent Competition Workshops
- December 18 or 19, 2021 – Preliminary Round as scheduled
- January 16, 2022 – Semi-final Round
- January 17, 2022 – Finalists Production Meeting after school (required of all finalists)
- January 18 – 28, 2022 – One-on-one rehearsal with production Team NOTE: You are ONLY responsible for attending a 90-minute rehearsal scheduled during this week
- January 31 – February 5, 2022 – Production Rehearsals as scheduled
- February 7 – 11, 2022 – Tech & Dress Rehearsals- required of all finalists at select times
- February 11, 2022 – Finals on stage at the Fabulous Fox
* All rounds of the competition will be conducted in front of a live audience.
The Producers will provide the following equipment and personnel for rounds of the competition that are produced on stage:
- PA System
- Microphones (up to 6)
- Mic Stands (up to 6)
- Stage monitor
- Chairs (up to 6)
- CD/Flashdrive Playback equipment (cell phones may not be used to play music)
- Sound Operator
- Piano Accompanist*
- Basic Stage Lighting
Any additional equipment must be provided by the students and at their own expense. Please contact the Foundation in advance to discuss technical needs at TeenTalentCompetition@foxpacf.org
*Acts must notify us in advance on their registration paperwork that they intend to use the piano accompanist that the Foundation provides. Acts using the accompanist will be asked to provide their sheet music in the correct key upon registering and in advance of the Preliminary Round.
College Scholarships & Cash Awards
2022 College Scholarships and Cash Awards:
1st Place $8,000 Scholarship
2nd Place $6,000 Scholarship
3rd Place $4,000 Scholarship
CONTINUE TO CHECK BACK FOR ADDITIONAL SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Prizes & Performance Opportunities
2022 Prizes & Performance Opportunities
CONTINUE TO CHECK BACK FOR AN UPDATED LIST OF PRIZES AND PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITIES
Thank you to all of the generous supporters of the
2021 St. Louis Teen Talent Competition
Ameren Corporation Charitable Trust
Arts & Education Council
FoxPACF Board of Directors
The Gupta-Trampe Family
Jim & Cathy Berges
David & Julie Capes
Ken & Nancy Kranzberg
Terry & Sally Schnuck
Tom & Carol Voss
2022 ST. LOUIS TEEN TALENT COMPETITION JUDGES!
Students will be reviewed by a panel of qualified judges at each round of the competition. Judges will select the best talent regardless of category (i.e. singer, actor, musician, dancer, band, comedian, magician, specialty act, etc.) The judging criteria at each level of competition will be:
- Technical Ability
- Stage Presence: personality and confidence
CONTINUE TO CHECK BACK TO FIND OUT WHO WILL BE
THE 2022 ST. LOUIS TEEN TALENT COMPETITION JUDGES!
St. Louis Teen Talent Competition
Director / Writer
Tony’s career began in St. Louis at the age of ten in the children’s chorus at The Muny. He went on to appear in the National tour of A Chorus Line and was on Broadway in 42nd Street, Me and My Girl, and City of Angels. Directing credits include Hello, Dolly! starring Madeline Kahn, Oliver! starring Ellen Greene, Me and My Girl starring Tim Curry among many, many others both nationally and abroad.
Yvonne Meyer Hare
Yvonne Meyer Hare, Choreographer, grew up in St. Louis, training with Gerri Stretz and the St. Louis Youth Ballet. Professionally, she began at the St. Louis Muny Opera, performing in over 35 shows, assisting some of Broadway’s finest choreographers and directors.
Steve Neale is an award-winning composer, conductor and pianist. With a degree in Film Scoring from the Berklee College of Music, Steve has written and produced music for film, video games, and live theater around the country.
Archive of Previous Competitions
Follow each link below to learn about the past 11 Years of
St. Louis Teen Talent Competitions
SLTTC ALUMNI, we want to hear from YOU!
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
Be one of the first to learn about all upcoming FoxPACF events, Broadway Master Classes, special projects and performances, and scholarship opportunities by joining our mailing list.