In the spirit of fostering the emerging talent in the St. Louis performing arts community, the Fox Performing Arts Charitable Foundation is proud to underwrite and produce an adjudicated competition showcasing the talented teens of the St. Louis region. Students are competing for college scholarships, cash awards, prizes, and public appearance opportunities. Students may compete in a talent category of their choice. Examples of talent categories include, but are not limited to:
- Specialty Act, etc.
There are no fees to participate.
Bravo to all of the
2018 SLTTC Finalists!
Guidelines for the Competition
- Open to High School students in the St. Louis Metropolitan area.* Students must be enrolled in grades 9, 10, 11 or 12 during the 2017-2018 academic year to participate.
- Students may only enter ONCE – either as a solo act or as part of a group.
- Entries may consist of one (1) to six (6) students working together as a group on a cohesive presentation. Students in one group need not attend the same school.
- Students may compete in a talent category of their choice. Examples of talent categories include, but are not limited to: Singer, Actor, Musician, Dancer, Band, Comedian, Magician, Circus Arts, Specialty Act, etc.
- Each act must perform a minimum of two (2) minutes and must not exceed four (4) minutes.
- Acts must perform the same material at each round of competition.
- Acts may not add or substitute a new student for another after the Preliminary Round of competition. All contestants must be completely registered prior to performing in the Preliminary round.
- Acts should select material that is “family friendly” and age-appropriate. Content should not contain foul language or violent subject matter. Acts which violate this rule can be disqualified.
- Students must be available on the posted dates for Preliminary, Semi-final and Final Competitions as well as for the mandatory meeting and rehearsal dates for the Finals. Both students and parents will be asked to sign an agreement confirming their acceptance.
- If a registered Act does NOT attend and perform at the Preliminary or Semi-Final Round of competition, they will automatically be withdrawn from not only this year’s competition, but will also forfeit the right to register for next year’s competition.
* Metropolitan Area is limited to 50 miles from the Gateway Arch in all directions. To qualify for entry, a student’s High School (or home address if homeschooled) must fall within a 50-mile radius of the Arch.
The Producers will provide the following equipment and personnel at all rounds of competition: The Producers will provide the following equipment and personnel at all rounds of competition:
- PA System
- Microphones (up to 6)
- Mic Stands (up to 6)
- Stage monitor
- Chairs (up to 6)
- CD/Flashdrive Playback equipment (cell phones may not be used to play music)
- Sound Operator
- Piano Accompanist* on select dates only
- Basic Stage Lighting
Any additional equipment must be provided by the students and at their own expense. Please contact the Foundation in advance to discuss technical needs at TeenTalentCompetition@foxpacf.org
*Acts must notify us in advance on their registration paperwork that they intend to use the piano accompanist that the FPACF provides; Acts using the accompanist will be asked to provide their sheet music in the correct key upon registering, and in advance of the Preliminary Round.
Schedule & Dates
9th ANNUAL SLTTC REGISTRATION OPEN SEPTEMBER 1 – DECEMBER 1.
ONLINE AT FOXPACF.ORG
2019 schedule coming soon!
THANK YOU TO THE 2018 ST. LOUIS TEEN TALENT COMPETITION JUDGES!
Gary Bell – Stray Dog Theatre
Adrienne Broyles – St. Louis Children’s Choirs
Gene Dobbs-Bradford – Jazz St. Louis
Ron Gibbs – Webster University
Matthew Kerns – Arts & Education Council
Robert McNichols – Opera Theatre of St. Louis
Donna Northcott – St. Louis Shakespeare
Monica Orban – The Bach Society of St. Louis
Erin Prange – Big Muddy Dance Company
Tim Schall – St. Louis Cabaret Conference
Ashley Tate – Ashelylaine Dance Compay
Zoe VonderHaar – Professional Actress & Choreographer
Tali Allen – Stages Performing Arts Academy
Marc Gordon – Chamber Music Society of St. Louis
Darlene King – Vocalist & Music Business Manager
Lee Nolting – COCA
Lara Teeter – Webster University
Students will be reviewed by a panel of qualified judges at each round of competition. Judges will select the best talent regardless of category (i.e. singer, actor, musician, dancer, band, comedian, magician, specialty act, etc.) The judging criteria at each level of competition will be:Students will be reviewed by a panel of qualified judges at each round of competition. Judges will select the best talent regardless of category (i.e. singer, actor, musician, dancer, band, comedian, magician, specialty act, etc.) The judging criteria at each level of competition will be:
- Technical Ability
- Stage Presence: personality and confidence
College Scholarships & Cash Awards
2018 College Scholarships and Cash Awards:
1st Place $8,000 Scholarship
underwritten by Ameren Corporation Charitable Trust
2nd Place $6,000 Scholarship
underwritten by Mr. John Russell
3rd Place $4,000 Scholarship
underwritten by Ms. Sally Johnston
Southeast Missouri State University
All students who compete in the Preliminary Round will be considered for a renewable scholarship.
Each Finalist who enrolls as an undergraduate in any area of study at Webster University’s home campus will be eligible to receive a $2,000 scholarship. Student must meet Webster University grant/scholarship criteria and eligibility
Audience Choice Award
The “I” Award
underwritten by Terry & Sally Schnuck
Keep Art Happening Scholarship
underwritten by Arts & Education Council of St. Louis
The Fromm Family Dance Performance Award
underwritten by Ron & Cheri Fromm
The Terry Lynford Classical Music Scholarship
underwritten by Terry Lynford
The Voss Family Originality Award
underwritten by Tom & Carol Voss
The Kranzberg Vocal Performance Award
underwritten by Ken & Nancy Kranzberg
The Capes Family Musical Theatre Scholarship Award
underwritten by The Capes Family
The Berges Classical Performance Award
underwritten by Jim and Cathy Berges
Prizes & Performance Opportunities
2018 Prizes & Performance Opportunities
ex’treme Institute Award
A student will be selected for a free recording session.
Provided by Vatterott College – ex’treme Institute by Nelly St. Louis.
The Muny Award
Based upon The Muny’s 2018 season and its artistic needs,
a student or act may be selected to appear on or off stage.
The Cabaret Project of St. Louis
A student or act may be selected to receive a scholarship to participate
in the St. Louis Cabaret Conference’s High School Sessions.
The Chamber Music Society of St. Louis Award
A student or act may be selected for the opportunity to participate in a
Chamber Music Society of St. Louis concert during their upcoming season.
The STAGES St. Louis Award
A student or act may be selected for an opportunity to participate in a
2018 STAGES St. Louis production or class, either on or off stage depending on talent & skill set.
Ashleyliane Dance Company Summer Class Scholarship
Bach Society of St. Louis 2018-2019 Concert Series Subscription
Big Muddy Dance Company Summer Dance Intensive Scholarship
Capes Coaching “Artists in Action” digital career planning program
Circus Harmony Summer Camp Tuition
COCA Class Tuition
Dancewear Solutions Merchandise Gift Certificate
DaySpring Arts & Education Class Tuition
STAGES Performing Arts Academy Class Tuition
National Dance Week – April 28, 2018
Taste of Maplewood – May 19, 2018
Shakespeare Festival Green Show – June 11, 2018
Gateway Grizzles Pre-Game Performance – June 13, 2018
The Muny Pre Show Performance – July 23, 2018
Rising Star Showcase – August 2018
More performances opportunities will be added as they are confirmed.
Archive of Previous Competitions
Follow each links below to learn about the past 7 Years of
St. Louis Teen Talent Competitions
SLTTC ALUMNI, we want to hear from YOU!
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
Be one of the first to learn about all upcoming FoxPACF events, Broadway Master Classes, special projects and performances, and scholarship opportunities by joining our mailing list.