FoxPACF Career Opportunity: Executive Director
This position is ideal for a dynamic, creative, and self-motivated individual who is passionate about the arts and working with young people.
About the Organization: The Fox Performing Arts Charitable Foundation (FoxPACF) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization with the mission of fostering, promoting, and encouraging young people in the St. Louis region to discover and participate in the joy and wonder of live performances. FoxPACF provides unique opportunities and develops educational performing arts programs focused on young artists.
- Provide leadership and vision to increase awareness of FoxPACF within the performing arts community and the metropolitan area in general.
- Successfully plan, manage and execute FoxPACF programs (see below).
- Manage production and logistics of events.
- Oversee budget and business matters to include, but not limited to, payroll, taxes, budgets, financial reports, insurance, and contracts.
- Direct and implement the board’s goals and objectives.
- Act as liaison with the board to schedule meetings, set agendas, and provide updates on the activities of FoxPACF.
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience and credentials
Position: Executive Director
Reports To: The Board of Directors through the Board President
- A bachelor’s degree or comparable professional experience.
- A minimum of six years of professional experience with an organization in the arts or education.
- Experience working in the performing arts is a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively with outside constituencies.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task with high standards of accuracy and efficiency.
- Excellent communication skills: public speaking, written communication, face-to-face, and telephone.
- Project management experience and proficiency with project management software is a plus.E
- Experience with QuickBooks is a plus.
- Fundraising and grant writing experience is a plus.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
This posting is now closed.
Major Programming of the Foundation:
- St. Louis Teen Talent Competition is an adjudicated three-round talent competition. Participants in all rounds are given feedback from regional arts professionals and are eligible for scholarships, prizes, and future public performance opportunities.
- St. Louis High School Musical Theatre Awards is a partnership between FoxPACF, The Muny, and the Fox Theatre, and is part of the National High School Musical Theatre Awards, the “Jimmy Awards.” Participating high school musicals are reviewed by a team of regional theater professionals and recognition is given at an awards production at the Fabulous Fox.
- Kids’ Night at the Fabulous Fox introduces youth to live theatre. A free ticket to a specific show at the Fabulous Fox Theatre is available for kids under 17 when accompanied by a full-paying adult. Pre-show activities are offered throughout the theatre and a souvenir gift is provided to each child entering the theatre.
- Broadway Master Classes encourage young performers to learn and refine their craft from touring theater professionals. These master classes are hosted at arts organizations throughout the region.
- Educational Encores provides an opportunity for audience members to interact with touring cast and crew members at talk-backs following select performances at the Fox Theatre.
- Special Projects related to the core mission are undertaken from time to time.