St. Louis Teen Talent Competition
2020 ST. LOUIS TEEN TALENT COMPETITION SEMI-FINALISTS
Mounica Gandi John Yanev
Aubory Bugg Sean Petric
Jordyn Andrea JP Vrooman
Journey to Broadway Midnight Rose Duo
Morgan Taylor Addi Loving
Tymani Jones See Me
Consecrated Barbappa’s Groove
Tenpenny Tower Robyne Sieh
Grace Bailey Rosemary
Jameson Falconer My Shot
Nathaniel Mahone Kelsey Carnes
DemBari Taneh Everette Hill
Jenna Roessler Lexie Antolik
Ryan Egan Elizabeth Crowe
Jahvahni Vishnubhotla Mech-x
Geofferey Ladue Masked
Zachary Leeker Why God Why
Sibling Rilvalry Act II Hadley Jones
Better Than the Last The Charming Star Struck Divas
Kyle Rheme Grace Costello
Ashley Slattery Kathyrn Mayer
Selah Harris Ariana Kroeger
Evan Gill Analiesa Hollowood
For pictures and a complete list of students in the Semi-finals Click HERE
See a Complete List of All of the 2020 Participants
Guidelines for the Competition
In the spirit of fostering the emerging talent in the St. Louis performing arts community, the Fox Performing Arts Charitable Foundation is proud to underwrite and produce an adjudicated competition showcasing the talented teens of the St. Louis region. Students are competing for college scholarships, cash awards, prizes, and public appearance opportunities. Students may compete in a talent category of their choice. Examples of talent categories include, but are not limited to:
- Specialty Act, etc.
There are no fees to participate.
- Open to High School students in the St. Louis Metropolitan area.* Students must be enrolled in grades 9, 10, 11 or 12 during the 2019-2020 academic year to participate.
- Students may only enter ONCE – either as a solo act or as part of a group.
- Entries may consist of one (1) to six (6) students working together as a group in a cohesive presentation. Students in one group need not attend the same school.
- Students may compete in a talent category of their choice. Examples of talent categories include, but are not limited to Singer, Actor, Musician, Dancer, Band, Comedian, Magician, Circus Arts, Specialty Act, etc.
- Each act must perform a minimum of two (2) minutes and must not exceed four (4) minutes.
- Acts must perform the same material at each round of competition.
- Acts may not add or substitute a new student for another after the Preliminary Round of competition. All contestants must be completely registered prior to performing in the Preliminary round.
- Acts should select material that is “family friendly” and age-appropriate. Content should not contain foul language or violent subject matter. Acts which violate this rule can be disqualified.
- Students must be available on the posted dates for Preliminary, Semi-final and Final Competitions as well as for the mandatory meeting and rehearsal dates for the Finals. Both students and parents will be asked to sign an agreement confirming their acceptance.
- If a registered Act does NOT attend and perform at the Preliminary or Semi-Final Round of the competition, they will automatically be withdrawn from not only this year’s competition, but will also forfeit the right to register for next year’s competition.
* Metropolitan Area is limited to 50 miles from the Gateway Arch in all directions. To qualify for entry, a student’s High School (or home address if homeschooled) must fall within a 50-mile radius of the Arch.
Schedule & Dates
10th ANNUAL SLTTC FULL SCHEDULE
Mark your Calendars
Registration opens Sept. 1, 2019 for the 10th Annual SLTTC!
October 6, 2019 What Is It All About? Seminar
February 8 & 9, 2020 Preliminary Round
March 8, 2020 Semi-final Round
March 9, 2020 Finalist Production Meeting (required of all finalists)
March 11-22, 2020 One-on-One Rehearsal with Production Team (One 90-minute rehearsal will be scheduled during this week. Dancers must be available March 11th & 12th)
March 23-27, 2020 Production Studio Rehearsals (required of all finalists)
March 31-April 4, 2020 Tech & Dress Rehearsals at the Fabulous Fox (required of all finalists)
Finals on April 4, 2020 8:00 p.m. at the Fabulous Fox Theatre!
The Producers will provide the following equipment and personnel at all rounds of competition: The Producers will provide the following equipment and personnel at all rounds of competition:
- PA System
- Microphones (up to 6)
- Mic Stands (up to 6)
- Stage monitor
- Chairs (up to 6)
- CD/Flashdrive Playback equipment (cell phones may not be used to play music)
- Sound Operator
- Piano Accompanist*
- Basic Stage Lighting
Any additional equipment must be provided by the students and at their own expense. Please contact the Foundation in advance to discuss technical needs at TeenTalentCompetition@foxpacf.org
*Acts must notify us in advance on their registration paperwork that they intend to use the piano accompanist that the FPACF provides. Acts using the accompanist will be asked to provide their sheet music in the correct key upon registering and in advance of the Preliminary Round.
College Scholarships & Cash Awards
2020 College Scholarships and Cash Awards:
1st Place $8,000 Scholarship
underwritten by Ameren Corporation Charitable Trust
2nd Place $6,000 Scholarship
underwritten by John Russell
3rd Place $4,000 Scholarship
underwritten by Sally Johnston
Southeast Missouri State University
All students who compete in the Preliminary Round will be considered for a renewable scholarship.
Audience Choice Award
underwritten Fred & Odile Tompkins
The “I” Award
underwritten by Terry & Sally Schnuck
Keep Art Happening Scholarship
underwritten by Arts & Education Council of St. Louis
The Terry Lynford Classical Music Scholarship
underwritten by Terry Lynford
The Voss Family Originality Award
underwritten by Tom & Carol Voss
The Kranzberg Vocal Performance Award
underwritten by Ken & Nancy Kranzberg
The Berges Classical Performance Award
underwritten by Jim and Cathy Berges
The Fromm Family Dance Performance Award
underwritten by Ron and Cheri Fromm
The Mighty Wurlitzer Award for Keyboard Talent
underwritten by the St. Louis Theatre Organ Society
Most Valueable Performer Award
Fox Performing Arts Charitable Foundation Board of Trustees
Scholarship opportunities will be posted as they are confirmed
Prizes & Performance Opportunities
2020 Prizes & Performance Opportunities
The Chamber Music Society of St. Louis Award
A student or act may be selected for the opportunity to participate in a
Chamber Music Society of St. Louis concert during their upcoming season.
The Gaslight & The Saint Louis Recording Club Recording Session
A student will have the opportunity to take part in a professional recording session
with Grammy-nominated Producer, Carl Nappa.
Ashleyliane Dance Company Summer Class/Workshop Scholarship
Big Muddy Dance Company Summer Intensive Tuition
Capes Coaching “Artists in Action” digital career planning program
Circus Harmony Summer Camp Tuition
COCA Class Tuition
DaySpring Arts & Education Class Tuition
Gateway Center for Performing Arts Class Tuition
Next Stop Broadway Program Tuition
Magic Smoking Monkey Show Tickets
The Muny Gift Certificate for two tickets to each Finalist
Professional Dance Center Class Tuition
St. Louis Shakespeare Show Tickets
STAGES Performing Arts Academy Class Tuition
St. Louis Ballet Summer Intensive Tuition
Public Performance Opportunities:
National Dance Week
The Muny Pre-show
Festival of Lights at Kiener Plaza
Public performances opportunities will be listed as they become available
Thank you to all of the generous supporters of the 2019 St. Louis Teen Talent Competition
2020 ST. LOUIS TEEN TALENT COMPETITION JUDGES!
Students will be reviewed by a panel of qualified judges at each round of competition. Judges will select the best talent regardless of category (i.e. singer, actor, musician, dancer, band, comedian, magician, specialty act, etc.) The judging criteria at each level of competition will be: Students will be reviewed by a panel of qualified judges at each round of competition. Judges will select the best talent regardless of category (i.e. singer, actor, musician, dancer, band, comedian, magician, specialty act, etc.) The judging criteria at each level of competition will be:
- Technical Ability
- Stage Presence: personality and confidence
Semi-finalist Round Judges
Tali Allen– Director of Education at The Muny
Marc Gordon-Executive & Artistic Director and a founding member of the Chamber Music Society of St. Louis.
Zoe VonderHarr– St. Louis Actress and Choreographer
Lee Nolting– Jazz and Musical Theatre Dance Coordinator at COCA (Center of Creative Arts)
Ed Coffield– Director, Faculty of the Conservatory of Theatre Arts at Webster University & Artistic Associate for The New Jewish Theatre
Preliminary Round Judges
Ashley Tate– Artistic Director of Ashleyliane Dance Company (ADC)
Darlean King– Vocalist with Unity Theatre Ensemble, The Legend Singers, The St. Louis Black Repertory Theatre
Dominic Dowdy-Widnsor– STAGES Performing Arts Academy Director of Education & Outreach Voice & Musical Theatre
Donna Northcott– Founder of St. Louis Shakespeare and Magic Smoking Monkey
Gary Bell– Artistic Director of Stray Dog Theatre
Kelly Ging– COCA Teaching Artist
Keith-Williams– Artistic Director of Innervision Dance Theatre
Maria Ellis-Collegiate Assistant Choral Director for the University Singers
Matthew Kerns– Executive Director of the St Lou Fringe Festival
Millie Garvey– Professional Director/Choreographer
Ron Gibbs– Development Officer for the Leigh Gerdine College of Fine Arts at Webster University
Tim Schall– Executive Director St. Louis Cabaret Project
Archive of Previous Competitions
Follow each link below to learn about the past 9 Years of St. Louis Teen Talent Competitions
SLTTC ALUMNI, we want to hear from YOU!
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
Be one of the first to learn about all upcoming FoxPACF events, Broadway Master Classes, special projects and performances, and scholarship opportunities by joining our mailing list.